As a company, we choose to run our business with due respect for nature and the environment. We aim to reduce our consumption of natural resources and energy, as well as pollution, food wastage and food surpluses to an absolute minimum.
We have identified four key elements:
- Prevent energy wastage, both in manufacturing processes and in administration
- Implement energy-saving measures
- Establish efficient manufacturing processes
- Energy-efficient and sustainable construction: insulation, prevent energy loss due to temperature gradients, minimizing energy losses, etc.
- Invest in renewable energy sources, such as solar power
Mobility and transport
- Consciously outsource transport: optimise road transport by reducing mileage
- Future-minded planning: consolidate our manufacturing activities into one site, eliminating the need for transport between sites
- Reduce food wastage and food surpluses to a minimum by accurately tracking sales through an internal planning system. This enables us to readjust our production processes on a daily basis. Another benefit for consumers is that all the products released will be super fresh. Any food surpluses or products with a limited ‘best before’ date can be donated to food banks.
- Optimise and reduce turnaround time in the value chain
- Reduce food wastage to a minimum by optimising the materials balance: optimum use of the raw materials purchased
- Waste water treatment: industrial wastewater remediation prior to discharge